Shufflepuck is on Greenlight, vote for us folks !
The indie game developer Agharta Studio – a small 4 people team – is proud to announce the submission of Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe to Steam Greenlight!
After “accidentally” jumping your spaceship through a wormhole, you’ve crash landed onto this forsaken desert planet a billion kilometers from home. The only thing between you and the horizon is the seemingly endless dunes of sand, save for one strange, huge building. Inside, it appears to be an interstellar Casino where everyone plays air hockey for a living.
You’ll have to fight hard to grind down all your opponents until they are utterly defeated to earn the critical parts needed to repair your ship. Once you’ve obtained all the spaceship pieces you’ll have to defeat the owner of this insane Casino so you can go home.
• A totally unique world populated by colorful characters in this atmospheric Space Western!
• Face 16 opponents in frantic and spectacular air hockey matches!
• Relax and take your chances at the prize machine!
• Hundreds of hours of addictive gameplay!
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe is the first desktop game developed by indie game developer Agharta Studio, a small 4 people team. It was developed as an homage to the critically acclaimed Shufflepuck Café released in 1989 by Christopher Gross, Gene Portwood, and Lauren Elliott. Strangely there hasn’t been a worthy successor for 25 years, so we decided to make one. This game is actually endorsed by Christopher Gross himself!
• Obliterate 16 fully animated opponents!
• Battle in six different tournaments!
• Fight your way to the top and defeat the mysterious “Director”!
• Collect all the junk, er… spaceship parts to finish the game!
• 500 unique Missions to keep you entertained (Beats playing Minesweeper!)
• 200 Experience Levels with unique Perks!
• 300 Characters Bios to unlock! (For the obsessive-compulsives!)
• Possess your opponents to learn their special strikes!
• Grind for Credz to unlock new floors and earn tons of equipment!
• 150 Mini-Quests! (Learn more about your opponents’ back-stories!)
• 70 Steam Achievements! (Bragging rights amongst your hipster friends!)
• Seven gorgeous 3D environments! (Eye candy is important guys!)
• Incredible and awesome homemade 3D engine! (Insert your own superlatives here!)
• No loading times!!! Ultra optimized performances!
• Deferred shading! (To appeal to the hardcore nerds!)
• Dynamic light system! (Lights can move and stuff…)
• Complex shaders using normal maps, specular maps, self-illum maps, etc…
• Real-time full screen post effects, blur, depth of field, etc…
• English, French, German, Italian and Spanish languages! (more to come if you stay classy in the comment section)
• Steam Leaderboard compatibility!
• Modeled, textured, rigged, and animated with Blender (We are an indie, after all…)
Current game state
• PC / Mac / Linux version should be finished by April 2013.
• Online Cross-Platform Multiplayer with tournament!
• Steam Cloud support!
• More floors with more opponents, if the game is successful!